Civil Engineer, PE
Make it your 2017 goal to join a growing, established Site Design firm working on premiere local, national and international projects!
Roundhouse Recruiting is exclusively working with a growing, established design firm in Louisville, Kentucky. We are seeking a motivated Civil Engineer, PE with a minimum of 5 years of experience to join our client's team and to help shape the future growth of the firm. The position provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of unique, challenging and rewarding projects. This person should be versatile, self-motivated, organized and possess strong communication skills; able to work in a team setting, as well as manage projects independently; experienced in land development and/or water resources with an ability to understand and interpret various codes and regulations in the preparation of drawings, calculations and technical reports for governmental agency approvals and permitting.
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience in land development and/or water resources; PE license in Kentucky or eligible for licensure via reciprocity is required.
The successful candidate should:
- be proficient in the use of CAD and engineering software, including Civil 3D (autocad) and other civil design and modeling software;
- perform hydrologic and hydraulic analysis for drainage related projects, floodplain analysis, stormwater management and water quality modeling;
- prepare engineering reports, construction plans, details and specifications and other documents for bidding, construction and securing the necessary approvals and permits for erosion & sediment control, earthworks/grading, drainage and storm sewers, sanitary sewers, water lines, site utilities and roadways;
- coordinate projects with staff, outside consultants, clients and contractors as well as local, state and federal agencies throughout the various governmental review processes;
- perform quality control and assurance, prepare project timelines and draft cost estimates;
- perform contract administration, including: site visits, shop drawing reviews, RFI’s, change orders, plan revisions and clarifications for changing site conditions or other conflicts discovered during construction;
- ability to work efficiently, meet project deadlines and to work on multiple projects with different requirements and/or issues simultaneously.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.